Revive Our Hearts put together this list of 30 biblical virtues to pray for children. Here are the first ten. Click here to see all 30. You can even pray one a day, for 30 days, by signing up here for their 30 day 'Praying For Your Children' challenge.
2. Growth in Grace—"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 3:18)
4. Honesty and Integrity—"May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection." (Ps. 25:21)
5. Self-Control—"Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do."
(1 Thess. 5:6)
6. Love for God's Word—"May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than much pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb." (Ps. 19:10)
8. Mercy—"May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful." (Luke 6:36)
9. Respect (for self, others, and authority)—"Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands.(1 Pet. 2:17)
10. Biblical Self-Esteem—"Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:10)
Copyright Revive Our Hearts. Written by Bob Hostetler. www.ReviveOurHearts.com.