Fred Rogers, better known as Mr. Rogers, said,
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'”
While the news of last night’s terror attack in Manchester continues to unfold, there are some wonderful stories emerging of the helpers Mr. Rogers mother spoke about.
- Healthcare workers attending a conference in Manchester immediately began volunteering to treat the injured.
- People began lining up in droves outside of blood donation centers to give blood
- Bystanders began gathering lost children separated from parents and taking them to nearby hotels for safety
- Taxi drivers turned off their meters and worked through the night transporting stranded concert goers after public transportation was suspended.
- The #RoomsForManchester hashtag began on Twitter, with locals offering their houses and rooms as shelter and rest.
- Locals are bringing tea and breakfast to rescue workers