All those hours singing along to Casting Crowns while you're listening to 95.1 SHINE-FM in your car is about to pay off!
With thanks to Business Impact Partner Elite Remodeling, make sure you're listening to SHINE-FM Monday, October 14th through Wednesday, October 16th so you can sing for your seats and win 2 tickets to see Casting Crowns when they are at the UMBC Event Center on Saturday, October 19!
Listen for the cue to call during the 7am, 12pm, and 3pm hours. When you hear it, be the correct caller to 866-304-9727, sing 30 seconds of your favorite Casting Crowns song, and you and a guest will be singing along with them in person October 19th!
All those hours singing along to Casting Crowns while you're listening to 95.1 SHINE-FM in your car is about to pay off!
95.1 SHINE-FM "Sing For Your Seats Contest" Contest Rules:
The following rules are an addendum to the 95.1 SHINE-FM Official Rules for the “Sing For Your Seats” promotion. These rules govern the “Sing For Your Seats” promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by 95.1 SHINE-FM/WRBS (the “Sponsor”) from Monday, October 14, 2019, at 5:30AM, DST, to Wednesday, October 16, 2019, at 7:00PM, DST.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. WHO CAN ENTER
Entrants within the immediate Sponsor on-air listening area.
Contests are open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry.
Only one (1) prize per household within any thirty (30) day period.
Employees of the Sponsor, any parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year.
Entrants may not use an assumed name or alias. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The Promotion will begin and end at the times specified by Sponsor. Sponsor’s office computer is the official time keeping device for all Promotions.
3. HOW TO ENTER
To qualify, entrants must listen to 95.1SHINE-FM for the cue to call 866-304-9727. The cue will air once during Mornings with Tracey, Steve, and Dave in the 7AM hour, once during Middays with John in the 12PM hour, and once during The Jack & Erin Show in the 3PM hour during the promotion period. The specified caller will be given the chance to “sing for their seats” and will need to sing approximately 30 seconds (or length deemed appropriate by the DJ) of their favorite Casting Crowns song. Upon completion, caller will be awarded the Prize, pending verification.
The time for the cue to call is approximate and may be changed.
The Sponsor reserves the right to increase or decrease the amount of times the cue to call is given.
In the event no calls are received after the cue to call is given, the game will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to not award a Prize.
4. TELEPHONE DELIVERY AND DISCLAIMER
Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest.
Due to the time delay that exists between the Sponsor’s over-the-air signal and any online webcast, listeners who listen to the Sponsor online may hear Promotion information later than listeners listening to the Sponsor’s over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning Promotion may be diminished.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of telephone number used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier.
Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose telephone number is submitted as part of a Promotion.
There are nine (9) Prizes.
Two tickets to the “Only Jesus Tour,” featuring Casting Crowns, Kari Jobe, Jamie Kimmett, and Cody Carnes, on October 19th, 7PM, at UMBC Event Center, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250.
Prize Value: $49.00
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. All those who win a prize or prizes over a $600 in value in any given year may be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. For prizes that involve travel, winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability limitations, etc., established by Sponsor’s prize provider(s). All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s or prize provider’s sole discretion. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or does not occur for other reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsor will not be responsible for replacing the prize. If winner requests that a prize be mailed to him/her, and Sponsor agrees to do so, winner agrees that Sponsor will send the prize by U.S. Postal Service, and that Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize will not be replaced if it is not received by winner.
Contest winners will be determined according to the method specified by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole and exclusive discretion.
Odds of winning Promotion prize depend on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period and the number of listeners participating at any given time.
The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and will be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within forty-eight (48) hours of notification may result in disqualification. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of Promotions and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Any protest in the conducting of the contest, the selection of the winners, or the awarding of prizes must be made within three days of the conclusion of the contest; the resolution of any protest shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decision shall be considered final.
The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
The nine potential winners will receive their tickets at the Box Office on the day of the show. Prize will be available no earlier than 5PM. Winner must produce valid photo ID to receive Prize.
In the event that the potential winner of a Promotion prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may but is not required to award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, or other means chosen by the Sponsor and indicated in the particular contest rules.
8. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
By entering a Promotion, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by the 95.1 SHINE-FM “Sing For Your Seats” Promotion Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to any Promotion and Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in a Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the Prize.
Except where prohibited, participation in Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Each Promotion participant acknowledges and agrees that any telephone calls placed to the Sponsor’s contest line may be broadcast live on the Sponsor, and also may be recorded for use on-air at a later time. Winners may be required to sign a separate publicity waiver and/or release upon collecting a prize.
If the entry for the Contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Sponsor or its Contest partners under any fiduciary or other obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor and its contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or its partners, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, or, to the extent that any third party ownership rights exist, you have obtained all necessary licenses and/or clearances to use such third party content, and (4) you are hereby granting Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded in any Contest become the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to fill out and return an IRS W-9 tax form. Valuation of prizes may be based on information given to Sponsor by the provider of the prize. All those who win a prize or prizes over a $600 in value in any given year may be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Sponsor may cancel any Promotion or any part of a Promotion, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to be acting in violation of any federal, state or local law. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek legal remedies including damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, waive or change any of these Official Rules in a particular case, but will advise the public of such waiver or changes as soon as practicably possible after they are made.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming, or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in Maryland; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Maryland.
15. ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
The invalidity or enforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
17. LIST OF WINNERS / COPY OF RULES
A written version of these rules are available for review during regular business hours at Sponsor’s offices located at the address listed below. A copy of the Official Rules of the Contest, or list of the winners of a Contest, may be obtained requesting a copy and sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Sponsor address identified below, or by calling 410-247-4100. A list of winners will be made available 30 days after the conclusion of a Contest.
Brighter Media Group
3500 Commerce Drive
Baltimore, MD, 21227
95.1 SHINE-FM Basic Contest Rules:
The following constitutes Basic Contest Rules for any/all 95.1 SHINE-FM contests, both on and off-air, or on the 95.1 SHINE-FM web site. Each contest may have its own special restrictions or qualifications, in which case an addendum to these rules will be included.
1) All 95.1 SHINE-FM contests are open to any/all 95.1 SHINE-FM listeners age eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates.
2) All contests conducted by 95.1 SHINE-FM are open to U.S. residents only.
3) Odds of receiving a prize from 95.1 SHINE-FM will depend on the number of qualified entries.
4) All contest entries become the sole property of 95.1 SHINE-FM. Furthermore, 95.1 SHINE-FM may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
5) Only one (1) prize per household within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of 95.1 SHINE-FM, the Peter and John Ministries, its program sponsors, advertisers, advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6) By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant 95.1 SHINE-FM exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
7) All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
8) Any valuation of a prize is based on available information provided to 95.1 SHINE-FM, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security Number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from 95.1 SHINE-FM will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9) By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against 95.1 SHINE-FM, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. If required by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates, winners must sign a liability release prior to receiving their prize.
10) Prizes will be mailed either first, second, or third class U.S. Mail at the discretion of 95.1 SHINE-FM. If the prize is to be mailed, it is the responsibly of the winners to provide 95.1 SHINE-FM with a current and correct mailing address. 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for, nor obligated to replace, any lost, stolen, or damaged prize sent through the U.S. Mail.
11) If the winner is instructed by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates to personally pick up their prize, it must be claimed within thirty (30) calendar days of winning. Upon pick-up of prize, proper picture identification (i.e. valid driver's license, passport) from the winner is required. Prizes must be picked up at the 95.1 SHINE-FM studios between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
12) At certain times, winners may be instructed by 95.1 SHINE-FM or its promotional affiliates to pick up their prize at a separate location (ex. concert tickets may be picked-up at a will-call window). Upon request, 95.1 SHINE-FM will provide directions and pick-up times to winners.
13) 95.1 SHINE-FM will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty (30) day time frame. All unclaimed prizes after thirty (30) days will automatically be forfeited. 95.1 SHINE-FM is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty (30) day pick-up period.
14) Under “unique circumstances”, a representative designated by the winner will be allowed to accept the prize for them. Written authorization from the winner, include representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winners valid driver’s license is required. 95.1 SHINE-FM will qualify what constitutes a “unique circumstance”.
15) In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. 95.1 SHINE-FM then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
16) 95.1 SHINE-FM may substitute another prize of equal value in the event of non-availability of a prize.
17) 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for any defective prizes.
18) Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond 95.1 SHINE-FM’s control, or otherwise. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims all liability for and delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Entries must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted. 95.1 SHINE-FM is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures of any kind including: failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congtestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. In the case of a dispute, the decision of 95.1 SHINE-FM and the Peter & John Ministries is final.
19) 95.1 SHINE-FM reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, 95.1 SHINE-FM will resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules and 95.1 SHINE-FM’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by 95.1 SHINE-FM and are final. 95.1 SHINE-FM may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
20) 95.1 SHINE-FM, the Peter and John Ministries, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests conducted by 95.1 SHINE-FM.
21) The conduct of 95.1 SHINE-FM contests is governed by the applicable laws of the state of Maryland, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. 95.1 SHINE-FM and the Peter and John Ministries shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc., as required by local and state law.
22) 95.1 SHINE-FM may amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. 95.1 SHINE-FM disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of a contest. Basic Contest Rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours (9AM – 4PM) at the 95.1 SHINE-FM offices located at 3500 Commerce Drive, Baltimore, MD, 21227. A copy of the rules can be requested through the mail by calling 410-247-4100 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.