It is not Christmas unless we have "those cornflake things," as my brother says. I think the original name is "Holiday Wreaths" but we gave up a longgggg time ago trying to shape them into a wreath. We've found creating "blobs" is so much easier and they look like holly, so that's why we call them the "holly things." They're just so pretty, festive, and bright. Plus, they just taste good. Really, how can you go wrong with butter, marshmallow, and cornflakes? This recipe is best made if you have some help - one person to make the "blobs" and another person to place the cinnamon candies on the blobs. Very kid friendly!
Corn Flakes Holly Things
Recipe from Kellogs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallow OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Corn Flakes
- Red cinnamon candies
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add corn flakes cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Working quickly, use two spoons coated with non-stick cook spray and drop corn flake mixture onto a greased pan. Dot each holly "blob" with cinnamon candies. Store in single layer in airtight container or separate layers with cling wrap.