10 Things You Should Know About Interning With SHINE-FM
Every semester our staff welcomes interns aboard our team for an immersive behind the scenes look into the world of media. Our Semester in Media (SIM) internship program seeks to provide hands-on experience and personal spiritual growth for each intern. SIM is unique because interns gain exposure to both the professional workplace and a Christian ministry setting.
If you are interested in interning with SHINE-FM, here are a 10 things to know about our program:
1. We offer internships year round during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
2. The length of our internships is either eight or twelve weeks.
3. As a part of the Semester in Media program, interns will gain practical knowledge about the many facets of media, participate in spiritual and professional development sessions, and receive hands on experience in a specialized area.
4. We have four different specializations for interns to choose from: promotions and community engagement, video production, SHINE-FM morning show, and sales.
5. Interns get paid $11.00 per hour and are able to work up to 25 hours a week.
6. Interns must be currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program.
7. Interns can receive course credit for their internship, pending approval from their college. We will work directly with the college to ensure interns meet all necessary requirements.
8. Each intern will have a direct supervisor who oversees their work and mentors them throughout their internship.
9. We strive to provide flexibility for interns in work schedules, learning media areas outside of their specializations, etc.
10. Interns have the opportunity to be immersed into the SHINE-FM culture and be a part of making hope louder in our community.
If you have a desire to learn more about media and join the SHINE-FM team, Semester in Media may be a perfect fit for you. For more information and to apply online, go here.
We look forward to hearing from you!