Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe
Another fun recipe I found on the interwebs. TBH, I have never been a huge chicken nugget fan but then saw this low carb version and figured I could change the spice mixture to my tastes. And I do love different snacks to try…
This version is the basic version of the nuggets which is very close to the recipe I discovered. When I make these again, there will be more spices and I will use home-cooked minced chicken rather than the canned. I don’t have a problem with canned chicken, but it can have its own taste. Your seasoning needs to be strong enough to counter those canned flavors.
Try it and let me know what you think. I’ll be posting this in the Tracey & Mike Facebook Group and would love you to join us and tell me how you customized this for you and your family!
Recipe modified from the original posted by @chefbob8 on TikTok
- One can (12.5 oz) chicken breast
- 3 tbs almond flour
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400
- Drain liquid from canned chicken
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl
- Spray (or lightly grease) mini muffin pan
- Use 1 tbs scoop to form a small ball and then press flat into pan
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip nuggets and press down lightly
- Bake for 4 more minutes or until nicely golden brown
Serve while hot with your favorite dipping sauces – Or grab the extra Chick-fil-A sauce packets you hoard in the fridge!