The Baked Feta Pasta That Broke The Internet
If you’ve been on TikTok recently, or even anywhere on the internet, chances are you’ve seen people freaking out over a baked feta pasta recipe.
The recipe for unnifetapasta, the viral oven baked pasta, was originally created and shared by Finnish food blogger Tiiu Piret. Piret initially posted the recipe 1.5 years ago, and it was so popular that it reportedly had stores in Finland selling out of feta cheese. The viral dish is also credited to another Finnish foodie, Jenni Häyrinen who created her own recipe in 2019.
Long story short, the news eventually made its way out of Finland and to the entire world when Yumna Jawad (aka FeelGoodFoodie) posted the recipe on TikTok where it got over 1.2 million likes.
If you want to join the rest of humanity in trying out this simple yet amazing recipe, look no further.
- 8 oz of pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine tomatoes, salt, pepper, and olive oil to a baking dish. Gently mix ingredients together.
- Add the block of feta to the center of the same dish. Add another drizzle of olive oil to the feta because, why not?
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the feta softens.
- Cook your pasta while the the other dish is baking.
- When tomato-feta concoction is finished baking, add the garlic and basil and mix together.
- Add your cooked pasta on top of your tomato dish and stir.
- Enjoy and join the rest of the world as we obsess over this TikTok pasta!
Watch the viral video here for a short tutorial:
Image and video credit to Yumna Jawad.